The £250-000 start-up funding UK is designed to uncover new UK businesses with bright teams & smart ideas. Each month we aim to select one business to qualify for an equity investment of up to £250-000 of start-up funding UK, along with invaluable support from experienced & successful entrepreneurs. In partnership with smallbusiness.co.uk, we’re open for entries from the 1st to the 14th of every month and have developed a quick and easy application process to follow.
But it’s not just about the money. Securing investment is as much about the expertise that comes with the financial support – which is why our competition partner Worth Capital is the ideal adviser for your growing business.
Formed to help new entrepreneurs gain access to not just equity funding, but the expertise to turn ideas into successful sustainable businesses, Worth Capital’s founding team consists of experienced entrepreneurs, innovators, and marketers.
Non-listed U.K. start-ups will be entitled to loans of £125,000 to £5 million, with private investors matching government financing. To be eligible for a Future Fund loan, start-ups must have raised at least £250,000 from investors in the last five years
Each month one or two winners will be selected to receive package consisting of:
• Up to £250,000 of SEIS/EIS equity funding (subject to due-diligence, terms & conditions).
• A minimum of 2 years invaluable hands-on help from experienced mentors.
• Media coverage on smallbusiness.co.uk and other channels to promote your business.
Eligibility & terms
The £250-000 Start-Up Funding UK Series is for very early stage and growth businesses, even including pre or early stage revenue.
The investment into the winners comes from an EIS & SEIS Fund, therefore the businesses who are considering entering need to satisfy the following criteria set by HMRC:
• You must be a UK resident and run a UK-based business.
• You must be over 18 years old at the time of entry.
• Certain financial services and property businesses are unlikely to qualify.