What is the Arrow Supporting Innovation in the North East?
Growing a small business brings a variety of challenges, but you don’t have to do it all alone. Newcastle University provides a range of support to help you take your next steps. Through our Arrow Supporting Innovation in the North East programme, we can equip you with the tools you need to succeed on your innovation journey. The £3.4m innovation programme can also offer eligible SMEs up to £10,000 of match funding to buy services or equipment including; proof of concept and validation; survey and feasibility testing; product design; development and prototyping; analysis and testing; and commercial and contract research.
Arrow is part-funded through ERDF, so can offer support at no cost to your business. Arrow can accept new project enquiries until 30 June 2022.
Could Arrow be right for you?
Arrow can support businesses that:
- are a registered business, charity, CIC, partnership or sole trader
- are based in the North East LEP area
- need support to develop a new or existing service, product or process
- have fewer than 250 employees
- have under €50 million turnover
Whether you’re starting a new business from scratch or looking to expand your existing business with new products or services, we can provide support that’s tailored to your needs.
- innovation support for start-ups
- help with research and development
- proof of concept and validation
- specialist data science expertise
- access to state of the art research facilities and equipment
Arrow is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).