What is the Business Energy Efficiency Programme Worcestershire County?
The Business Efficiency Energy Efficiency Programme (BEEP) provides free energy and resource efficiency reviews and grants of up to £20,000 for SME businesses within Worcestershire, Herefordshire, Telford & Wrekin and Shropshire who wish to use their energy more efficiently; reducing costs and improving environmental credentials and impacts. The Business Energy Efficiency Programme is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund, and is administered by Worcestershire County Council in partnership with Herefordshire Council, Telford & Wrekin council, Worcestershire’s six district councils and Herefordshire and Worcestershire and Shropshire Chambers of Commerce.
Is your business eligible?
There are some exceptions, but generally, your business will need to be:
- Based in and trading from Worcestershire, Herefordshire or Telford & Wrekin and Shropshire
- With fewer than 250 employees
- Turnover less than the equivalent of 50 million Euros per annum or a balance sheet of less than 43 million Euros
The support on offer is twofold and includes the following:
- Assessment of your business premises, products and processes to see what improvements can be made with energy and resource usage
- Partial grant funding of up to £20,000 (up to 40% of the total cost of the project) to implement the recommendations from the assessment and make your business more energy efficient. The grants are subject to eligibility criteria, and cover up to 40% of the install costs, depending on the amount of carbon that will be saved from the changes being made.
Lowering your energy bills can make a big difference to your business bottom line, so if you are looking to cut costs, BEEP and Worcestershire Business Central can help. The ERDF funded Business Energy Efficiency Programme supports eligible businesses in Worcestershire and Herefordshire to become more environmentally friendly, and in doing so, save money on energy costs.
Grants can be applied to any of the following:
- Fast Acting Warehouse doors
- Renewable technologies
- Energy storage
- Voltage optimisation
- Energy management
- Behavioural change programmes
- Feasibility studies
- Heating & boilers and more.