What is the Leicester Business Growth Grant?
This grant, from the Business Gateway Growth Hub, is available to existing small and medium-sized businesses based in Leicester and Leicestershire. Grants from £2,000 to £25,000* are available providing 35% towards project costs. Grants can be used to help your business grow or diversify e.g. innovative technology products, capital equipment, premises refurbishment, marketing/promotional activity, or other revenue costs. (The maximum revenue grant is £7,500).
This grant is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and run by Leicester City Council in partnership with East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire), Leicestershire County Council and the Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership Ltd (LLEP).
Is your business eligible for the grant:
• An SME in Leicester or Leicestershire with less than 250 employees
• Looking to grow, introduce new products, processes or innovate
• Trading a minimum of 24 months
• Trading business to business
• Looking to create or safeguard jobs
These are examples of how you might use the grant:
- New innovative technology products or services that improve your business performance
- Premises improvement or expansion related business development
- New products or services
- Upgrading capital equipment to enable a more technical or automated approach, or to create low carbon emissions.
- Marketing or promotional activity or other revenue costs to help the business grow or create jobs.
- Software development
If you want revenue grants the maximum grant available is £7,500 (or £10,000 in exceptional circumstances). Projects must have a minimum value of £5,715 for a £2,000 grant and £71,430 for a £25,000 grant. Only one grant per business will be awarded.