What is the Microsoft’s Imagine Cup?
Imagine Cup is a global competition that empowers the next generation of computer science students to team up and use their creativity, passion and knowledge of technology to create applications that shape how we live, work and play. The Microsoft Imagine Cup is not just any technology competition. It is a skill-based Competition, more than two million students over 2 decades have signed up to sharpen their skills, learn new ones, and give back to their communities through innovation. Open to students around the world, the Microsoft’s Imagine Cup Competition seeks to honor the most innovative, accessible, ground-breaking, and appealing software built with Microsoft tools and technology.
Eligibility: Individuals who meet the following requirement at the time of entry are eligible to enter the competition:
- He/She is at least 16 years of age and is actively enrolled as a student at an educational institution that grants high-school or college/university (or equivalent) degrees at the time of entry.
- He/She is NOT a resident of Cuba, Iran, Syria, North Korea, Sudan, and the Region of Crimea.
- His/Her business has not received any external funding of more than USD 50,000.
- He/She has not used paid employee’s assistance to get entry in Imagine Cup.
- He/She is not an employee or intern of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary.
Some of the prizes:
- Three teams selected as winners in the epic challenge will receive 1,000 USD, to be divided equally among each member of the team.
- Every team that advances to round 2 will receive Microsoft Azure Credits* and mentoring from a Microsoft employee i.e. Startup Advocate or Cloud Advocate.
- The three teams selected to advance to Round 3 will receive USD 5,000, to be divided equally among each officially registered member of
the Team(mentors not eligible) and Microsoft Azure Credits*