What is the Scarborough expansion grants?
The Scarborough expansion grants are aimed at assisting both existing businesses in the Borough who may be looking to strengthen their market position or expand into new markets, and new businesses attracted into the area. The grant is primarily targeted at revenue schemes rather than capital projects, and will be based on a specific need being identified through the development of Business Plan and evidence of job creation. The maximum amount of grant assistance is up to £5,000 to any one concern in any one financial year.
In order to be eligible for the grant:
- You may only apply for assistance under either the Business Start-Up or Business Expansion scheme
- Any grant awarded will be for 50% of expenditure within the limits of the grant amount. E.g. If you are awarded a grant of £500, you would need to spend £1000 to claim back the £500 grant
- Grants are claimed back retrospectively by submitting receipts/invoices and copy bank statements detailing the eligible expenditure
- Applicants with outstanding liabilities to Scarborough Borough Council cannot be considered for a Business Grant.
- Grants are awarded at the absolute discretion of Scarborough Borough Council
Who is the grant for?
Your business must either be based in Scarborough or planning to relocate there. If your business has not started yet you must be about to do so soon.
You won’t be able to apply if your business is in any of these sectors:
- public services
- holiday accommodation
- estate agencies
- property developers
- utility companies
The main objective & priority of the grant?:
- New jobs created
- Increased educational attainment
- Enhance cultural provision
- Diversify economic base of the area
- Enhance tourism sector to increase visitor expenditure